Electronic Money Management. It’s easy with Southwest!
With our Internet Banking, you can perform all of your day-to-day transactions any time and virtually anywhere, using a personal computer with Internet access.
Pay bills, get account information, transfer funds, make investment and credit card inquiries – it’s all online anytime with MemberDIRECT® internet banking.
MemberDIRECT® is easy to use, safe and secure, and available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To get your Access Code, just visit your nearest branch of Southwest Regional Credit Union.
What is Interac® e-Transfer?
Interac e-Transfer, formerly known as Interac Email Money Transfer (EMT), is a fast, secure, and convenient way for anyone with an email address or a mobile phone number and a Canadian bank account to send and receive money. The sender does not need to know the recipient’s institution or account information. Recipients are notified by email and/or text message when a transfer has been sent, and participating financial institutions transfer the funds using established and secure banking procedures.
The ease of sending money to anyone with an email address has made Interac e-Transfer the trusted money transfer service adopted by Canadians. The most recent enhancements provide customers with the increased flexibility and convenience of transferring money on a mobile web-enabled phone.
With Interac e-Transfer, all the following features are available on both the desktop and mobile web.
- Send money
- Receive money
- Send email notification
- Send text message notification (New)
- Create recipient instantly
- View and manage pending transfers
Interac e-Transfer can be sent or received through email using a full-sized website on a desktop or laptop computer, or through email and text message using a mobile browser on a smartphone.
Sending an Interac e-Transfer
Sandra wishes to send $100 as a birthday present to her brother Ryan. She logs into online banking on her desktop computer and chooses to send an Interac e-Transfer of $100 to Ryan. Since Ryan is busy and always travelling, Sandra chooses to send the transfer notification through both email and text message. This way Ryan can choose to accept the transfer on his laptop or on his smartphone. Sandra could also have used her smartphone to send the transfer using the Mobile Web version of online banking.
Receiving an Interac e-Transfer
Ryan is travelling as usual, and is waiting for a train. He receives a text message and is pleased to see it is an Interac e-Transfer of $100, a birthday present from his sister Sandra. Ryan clicks on the link within the text message and opens a mobile web browser on his phone. Using the convenient mobile web interface, he logs into his credit union’s online banking mobile site and quickly accepts the transfer.
Ryan could have also accepted the transfer through email on his smartphone, or through email on a desktop or laptop computer.
Interac e-Transfer Instructions
Sending an Interac e-Transfer: Step-by-Step
- Login to your online banking
- Create a profile with your email address and/or mobile phone number, if you have not already done so
- Select 'Send Interac e-Transfer' under 'Transfers'
- Select a recipient, or add a new recipient profile, by entering the person's name or business name, plus an email address and/or mobile number
- Choose if the recipient will receive an email and/or text message
- Create a security question and answer that only you and the recipient know
- Add a personal message (optional) but don't include the answer to the security question
- Select an account from which to make the transfer and enter the amount
- Send the Interac e-Transfer (your account will be debited the transfer amount immediately, plus any applicable fees)
- If a Delegate is initiating the Interac e-Transfer, the Signer must also approve the transaction in the 'Transaction Manager' section of online banking before the transfer can be sent
- If the Interac e-Transfer is being initiated from a Dual Signature account, both signers must approve the transfer in the 'Transaction Manager' section of online banking before the transfer can be sent
Within approximately 30 minutes, the recipient will be notified that the payment has been made.
Receiving an Interac e-Transfer: Step-by-Step
- Ensure the link received via email or text message offers a secure connection that takes you to a site with the 'https' prefix, rather than 'http'
- Click on the link and you'll be taken to a secure Interac website
- Follow the instructions on the site to select Southwest Regional Credit Union and click 'Deposit', and you'll be redirected to our online banking login screen
- Login to answer the security question and accept the transfer
- Select the account where you wish to deposit the money